For more information
please download this full page flyer by clicking here.
Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts no longer receive financial support from the United Way of Southwest Alabama
(Mobile, Washington & Clarke Counties). Below you will find some links to news media stories. Please
read and share.
We must now raise $60,000, due to this loss of funding , BUT IT IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT: The Boy Scouts of America, Mobile Area Council, is extremely appreciative and grateful for the long standing positive working relationship we have
with the United Way of Baldwin County. We ask that donors support the United Way of Baldwin County’s fundraising campaign, due to the fact that Scouting is a benefactor of those donations & support.
Here are the news stories:
(FROM THE ABOVE VIDEO STORY)
- “The Boy Scouts and the Girl Scouts are long time recipients of United Way funding in Mobile.”
- “They received nearly $150,000 combined in the United Way’s 2-year-cycle last year and this year.”
- “For 2014-&-15, they’ll get a combined $2,400.”
They’re not alone in seeing major cuts. Below are real dollar term losses and losses as a percentage of what the groups were receiving:
|Child Day Care Assn.||$72,000||100%|
|Catholic Social Services||$51,000||53%|
|United Cerebral Palsy||$41,000||35%|
THIS IS A CALL FOR ACTION:
*****Please help us spread the word to Scouting supporters by:*****
- Calling or sending a reminder email to Friends of Scouting. (Forward this email.)
- Making announcements to your parents and leaders at your next Cub Scout, Boy Scout, and Venturing meetings.
- Talking it up at work to those whom you know support Scouting.
- Making a supplemental pledge.
For more information please download this full
page flyer by clicking here.