Postponed; new date forthcoming
Postponed; New fall date forthcoming
As reported from the Order of the Arrow website:
As always, your safety and the safety of all our members, volunteers, and employees is our top priority. We know there are questions and concerns about how COVID-19, commonly known as the coronavirus, could affect the National Order of the Arrow Conference and other upcoming Order of the Arrow events. Please know that we are monitoring developments regarding COVID-19 both nationally and locally with the BSA Health and Safety Department, Michigan State University and through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
The following information regarding events and prevention measures is based on the latest available guidance. As this is an evolving situation, this information is subject to change. We will continue to update you on relevant developments, and we appreciate your understanding of any necessary adjustments in the interest of health and safety.
Status of NOAC
Currently, the National Order of the Arrow Conference is scheduled to be HELD AS PLANNED on August 3-8, 2020. A remote delegate program is available for those unable to attend in person.
Contingents should work with their travel provider for questions regarding refundable travel options.
We will continue to monitor the situation with our partners and communicate any changes by email and at NOAC2020.org.
Status of Lodge, Section, and Region Events
We encourage all lodges to work with and follow guidance from your local BSA council and county/state health departments to address any concerns about upcoming events in your area.
All national, regional, and section events through May 2, 2020 have been postponed.
Region and Section leadership will provide updates to changes in event status based on guidance from the relevant health authorities in the event area.
NLS/DYLC and Section Conclaves
All NLS/DYLC and conclaves that are scheduled to be held from now through May 2, 2020 have been postponed and will be rescheduled, if possible, for a later date. We should be prepared that these postponements could extend beyond May 2. Each region is reaching out to their currently registered participants and through their social media channels regarding their NLS/DYLC events that may be impacted by this change.
Regions are assessing all options including rescheduling NLS and DYLC to a date in September, October or November. Sections are doing the same regarding conclaves.
Status of OA High Adventure Programs
Currently, all Order of the Arrow High Adventure treks scheduled will be HELD AS PLANNED. In the event that a session is canceled due to the COVID-19 crisis, the national Order of the Arrow office will issue a full refund of the program fee to all registered participants. For more information regarding how individual bases will respond to the crisis, please monitor the BSA Coronavirus response page or the base’s website.